Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Will Riley Will Riley is offline

Default How do I use addins with the excel spreadsheet?

Are they activated under ToolsAddins (i.e. is the checkbox next to them
ticked?)

The long answer to your question really depends on what the addins are
supposed to do. If they contain functions, once the addins are active, any
User Defined functions (UDFs) within the addins should be available for you
to use via the function wizard.

They will probably be entitled

=theaddin.xla!LATITUDE

or whatever the function(s) are called
--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Lois Ann" wrote:

--
Lois Ann

"WillR" wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Any particular addins? Do you want to know how to build one or how to
activate one?
--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Lois Ann" wrote:
I don't know how to use the addins. I've had two addins emailed to me and finally got them added into the tools, but now what? I'm taking an online civil engineering course and these addin would help me find the bearings and such for latitudes and departures and such. But I just don't know what to do? Do I put my information in or what.

Thanks

--
Lois Ann