Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Unable to add color to work sheet.

I have tried every sequence that I know. The painter will not paint columns,
rows, cells. Any suggestions?
--
davidb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

David
Don't use Painter.
Highlight the cells you want to colour and then use Format / cells / patterns

HTH
Michael M

"Davidb" wrote:

I have tried every sequence that I know. The painter will not paint columns,
rows, cells. Any suggestions?
--
davidb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

because Format Painter, is more akin to a paintbrush that you dip into
other cells and then paint new ones.

ie copy/paste

"Davidb" wrote:

I have tried every sequence that I know. The painter will not paint
columns,
rows, cells. Any suggestions?
--
davidb

--
Steve (3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am still having the problem. I thought that I had a formatting issue, yet
on a new sheet, the problem still occurs. I even cleared the sheet first for
hidden formatting, it did not work. It is so strange why it will not allow
me.
--
davidb

"Davidb" wrote:

I have tried every sequence that I know. The painter will not paint columns,
rows, cells. Any suggestions?
--
davidb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Maybe
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Fill

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Davidb" wrote:

I have tried every sequence that I know. The painter will not paint columns,
rows, cells. Any suggestions?
--
davidb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Is this after Michael's advice ?
If it is, reply would have been better placed there.
As its a reply to your own - maybe you haven't read his reply.

David
Don't use Painter.
Highlight the cells you want to colour and then use Format / cells /
patterns
HTH
Michael M

Steve

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:16:01 +0100, Davidb wrote:

I am still having the problem. I thought that I had a formatting issue,
yet
on a new sheet, the problem still occurs. I even cleared the sheet
first for
hidden formatting, it did not work. It is so strange why it will not
allow
me.

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

David
This may be a dumb question, but are you actually in Excel and not Word??

Is this an Excel sheet in a word document ??
The "No Fill " and "Automatic" you mentioned are usually found in Word
formatting not Excel.

Regards
Michael M