Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Word O7 looses links with excel 07 when files copied to network fr

I create links in word 07 with Excel 07 that update on my C drive. They work
and update when I change data in Excel. However, when I copy and paste on to
our network the links do not transfer. The edit links in word still shows
links to the C drive. Any ideas?
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Brian,

Links to external files from Word documents are always absolute - they stay resolutely pointing to the original source. To see how
you can implement relative links (via a macro in the case of Excel workbooks), check out the solution I've posted at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=670027

Note also the associated discussion there regarding Office 2007.

--
Cheers
macropod