Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Packaging Word & Excel files for emailling to preserve links

Is there anyway way to package an Excel 2003 workbook & and a Word 2003
document so that they can be emailled without all the links between the files
being broken?

I have tried embedding one file in the other (both ways - Word doc in
excell, which loses headers & formatting, & Excel in Word, which breaks all
the links when the file is closed) but this is not satisfactory.

I'm using a worksheet with a series of dropdown boxes to generate a quote &
output the quote as a text string to a single cell. The cell is then linked
to the word document which is our quotation form.