Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Updating Links Each Month

I have 3 spreadsheets which I maintain to track sales. One for each of our
branches and one which serves as a master. I've been manually typing the
numbers in each sheet but I am sure there is a way that I can enter the
numbers once in the master and reference the appropriate cells.

The master sheet is quite simple with the entire year on the sheet for each
rep. The branch reports consist of a new worksheet each month. I linked the
branch report to the master report for July. But when I copied the July
worksheet to create the August worksheet, the references to the July column
on the master sheet were copied. How do I enter the references such that
they automatically reference the next column of cells on the master?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

dhoward via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I have 3 spreadsheets which I maintain to track sales. One for each
of our branches and one which serves as a master. I've been manually
typing the numbers in each sheet but I am sure there is a way that I
can enter the numbers once in the master and reference the
appropriate cells.

The master sheet is quite simple with the entire year on the sheet
for each rep. The branch reports consist of a new worksheet each
month. I linked the branch report to the master report for July.
But when I copied the July worksheet to create the August worksheet,
the references to the July column on the master sheet were copied.
How do I enter the references such that they automatically reference
the next column of cells on the master?

It's quite difficult to say, because you don't give us any detail...

It would be better if you could upload a sample file to www.rapidshare.de...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Thanks, I have uploaded 2 examples, example master and example. Right now on
example I have the cells linked to the August cells on the example master.
When I copied the August spreadsheet on the example to create a worksheet for
September, the cell references to the August cells on the master are copied.
Is there a way to have the references automatically reference the next
month's cells on the master?

Franz Verga wrote:
I have 3 spreadsheets which I maintain to track sales. One for each
of our branches and one which serves as a master. I've been manually

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
How do I enter the references such that they automatically reference
the next column of cells on the master?

It's quite difficult to say, because you don't give us any detail...

It would be better if you could upload a sample file to www.rapidshare.de...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

dhoward via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Thanks, I have uploaded 2 examples, example master and example.

If you don't give us the links to download your examples, it's very
difficult, quite impossible, to download your files... :-)

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

You're right! Have never used RapidShare. Can't figure out how to tell what
the link is.