Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Franz Verga Franz Verga is offline

Default Updating Links Each Month

dhoward via OfficeKB.com wrote:
I have 3 spreadsheets which I maintain to track sales. One for each
of our branches and one which serves as a master. I've been manually
typing the numbers in each sheet but I am sure there is a way that I
can enter the numbers once in the master and reference the
appropriate cells.

The master sheet is quite simple with the entire year on the sheet
for each rep. The branch reports consist of a new worksheet each
month. I linked the branch report to the master report for July.
But when I copied the July worksheet to create the August worksheet,
the references to the July column on the master sheet were copied.
How do I enter the references such that they automatically reference
the next column of cells on the master?

It's quite difficult to say, because you don't give us any detail...

It would be better if you could upload a sample file to www.rapidshare.de...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.