Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
dhoward via OfficeKB.com dhoward via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Updating Links Each Month

I have 3 spreadsheets which I maintain to track sales. One for each of our
branches and one which serves as a master. I've been manually typing the
numbers in each sheet but I am sure there is a way that I can enter the
numbers once in the master and reference the appropriate cells.

The master sheet is quite simple with the entire year on the sheet for each
rep. The branch reports consist of a new worksheet each month. I linked the
branch report to the master report for July. But when I copied the July
worksheet to create the August worksheet, the references to the July column
on the master sheet were copied. How do I enter the references such that
they automatically reference the next column of cells on the master?