Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Default Hyperlinks

Dear all

I have created a hyperlink on an Excel worksheet which is liked to another
workbook.

When a user clicks onto the link and is taken to the other workbook, what is
the easiest way to get back to the original document? The 'back' icon on the
Web toolbar is always greyed out. I have been adding another hyperlink which
takes them back to where they were, but wondered if there was a quicker way.
(I don't want to use the Task bar to simply switch between the workbooks).

Thank you.

Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi Louise,

I use the Ctrl+Tab

does this help?
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Louise" escreveu:

Dear all

I have created a hyperlink on an Excel worksheet which is liked to another
workbook.

When a user clicks onto the link and is taken to the other workbook, what is
the easiest way to get back to the original document? The 'back' icon on the
Web toolbar is always greyed out. I have been adding another hyperlink which
takes them back to where they were, but wondered if there was a quicker way.
(I don't want to use the Task bar to simply switch between the workbooks).

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Hi, thank you for your reply.
The problem is, I have recently send a hyperlinked workbook to a user who
isn't very familiar w ith Excel so they don't understand how to get back to
the original worksheet and don't really know what the task bar is for, which
is why I wanted an easier way of navigating them.

I can't understand why the 'back' icon on the web toolbar is greyed out -
this worked in Office 97.

Louise

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Louise,

I use the Ctrl+Tab

does this help?
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Louise" escreveu:

Dear all

I have created a hyperlink on an Excel worksheet which is liked to another
workbook.

When a user clicks onto the link and is taken to the other workbook, what is
the easiest way to get back to the original document? The 'back' icon on the
Web toolbar is always greyed out. I have been adding another hyperlink which
takes them back to where they were, but wondered if there was a quicker way.
(I don't want to use the Task bar to simply switch between the workbooks).

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Louise, one doubt if he opens the file in a explorer and it's the first page,
the Back Icon will greyed out, because there are no place to back.

is correct my understanding?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Louise" escreveu:

Hi, thank you for your reply.
The problem is, I have recently send a hyperlinked workbook to a user who
isn't very familiar w ith Excel so they don't understand how to get back to
the original worksheet and don't really know what the task bar is for, which
is why I wanted an easier way of navigating them.

I can't understand why the 'back' icon on the web toolbar is greyed out -
this worked in Office 97.

Louise

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Louise,

I use the Ctrl+Tab

does this help?
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Louise" escreveu:

Dear all

I have created a hyperlink on an Excel worksheet which is liked to another
workbook.

When a user clicks onto the link and is taken to the other workbook, what is
the easiest way to get back to the original document? The 'back' icon on the
Web toolbar is always greyed out. I have been adding another hyperlink which
takes them back to where they were, but wondered if there was a quicker way.
(I don't want to use the Task bar to simply switch between the workbooks).

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Hello again
If you open the existing file in Excel and then click onto the hyperlink,
thus opening another file in Excel, my understanding is that the Back icon
should surely take you back to the original file you first opened which
contained the hyperlink in the first place? This used to work perfectly in
Office 97 and I can't understand why it no longer works.

Regards from England!

"Louise" escreveu:

Hi, thank you for your reply.
The problem is, I have recently send a hyperlinked workbook to a user who
isn't very familiar w ith Excel so they don't understand how to get back to
the original worksheet and don't really know what the task bar is for, which
is why I wanted an easier way of navigating them.

I can't understand why the 'back' icon on the web toolbar is greyed out -
this worked in Office 97.

Louise

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Louise,