Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
norders

Default Picture hyperlinks don't work when publishing to web...?

Hi all

I have a problem that is driving me nuts! I have trawled through every
web page in the whole world (it seems like it) and can't find the
answer... perhaps someone here can help me.

I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 that has around 100 worksheets. I
have some icons (jpegs) at the top of each worksheet that act as
navigation buttons, linking to specific sheets in the workbook.

To set the hyperlink of each button I use the hyperlink button on the
toolbar menu, select 'Place in this document' and specify the sheet and
range to hyperlink to.

The workbook is published daily (saved as HTML, non-interactive) to the
intranet server for everyone to see and play with. Trouble is the
picture-based hyperlinks only work for me and one other colleague! For
everyone else, they get a blank page every time they click on a picture
icon to take them to another sheet...

Everyone is viewing the spreadsheet using Explorer 6.

Text based hyperlinks work fine, everyone else can navigate around the
spreadsheet to their hearts' content.

I noticed the following in the generated HTML. The text based links
generate an <a href=... tag whereas the pictures generate a <v:...
tag, whatever that is. Hovering over a text based hyperlink shows the
absolute path name of the desired sheet in status bar. Hovering over
the icons show only the relative filename.

What's going on?? Is there a way I can force the pictorial hyperlinks
to show the full path? I figure if I can get them looking the same as
regular hyperlinks (i.e. absolute) then they'll work.

Something else I noticed is that the Hyperlink object has the Address
member populated for external links and the SubAddress populated for
internal links. Is this relevant?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered!