Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TmaccTbay

Default How do I change the default spreadsheet size in Excel?

Hi,

Can you make a workbook spreadsheet your default so that everytime you open
excel it comes up different that the default is now?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

You make that spreadsheet a template and save it to your StartUpPath and name
the workbook Book.

You can find your startuppath by entering the following from the immediate
window of VBE (alt-f11) and if your immediate window is not visible ctrl-g

? Application.StartupPath

Then assuming you have previously saved this workbook as a template, you can
copy the path that is returned and type the following (I'll use my
startuppath for illustration purposes.) My startup path is :
C:\Documents and Settings\kevinv\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

With your workbook as the active workbook type:

ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Documents and Settings\kevinv\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\book"

notice as I had previously saved it as a template, I did not need to include
the extension (.xlt iirc)

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, but I am under a, probably
unique situation, where I have to do it this way (I can't navigate to my
startup directory using explorer as I'm using Citrix (which brings up another
copy of the Windows OS) that someone else has set up and when I try, it just
can't be found.)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"TmaccTbay" wrote:

Hi,

Can you make a workbook spreadsheet your default so that everytime you open
excel it comes up different that the default is now?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

There are a lot of parameters that go into making a spreadsheet. Exactly
what parameters do you want to change and make them the default? HTH
Otto
"TmaccTbay" wrote in message

Can you make a workbook spreadsheet your default so that everytime you
open
excel it comes up different that the default is now?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tmacctbay

When I try to open up the startUp path it says that the macros in this
application is disabled. What does that mean???? Is there any way around
that???
Thanks for your help so far.

"TmaccTbay" wrote:

Hi,

Can you make a workbook spreadsheet your default so that everytime you open
excel it comes up different that the default is now?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

I can only guess so if I am wrong, hopefully someone will pipe up with the
correct answer. When you first open the workbook in question, does it ask
you if you want to enable macros? If so, then at least this one time, I
would say choose yes (unless there is some reason that you suspect in any way
that this workbook might contain malicious code/a virus.)

If it doesn't, I would guess that your security settings are such that you
are not allowed to run macros. If this is the case, I can't help you as I
don't know which settings you would need to change. My security settings are
set so that if a workbook has macros, I am asked if I want to enable them.
So, I haven't had to look for this setting. I'm sure I've read of the
setting many times, but it is not one that I retained nor did I find it
during my cursrory search. Good luck. However, if you are able to determine
your startup path otherwise, just save it as a template file the normal way.
--
Kevin Vaughn