Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tmacctbay

Default How do I change the default spreadsheet size in Excel?

HI,

I wondered if you could make a different workbook the default so that
everytime you opened excel it was different than what it is now.

The squares are too small for what we do and we have to change it every
time...time consuming.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:56:03 -0700, tmacctbay
wrote:

HI,

I wondered if you could make a different workbook the default so that
everytime you opened excel it was different than what it is now.

The squares are too small for what we do and we have to change it every
time...time consuming.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Superken

This might help you
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...n_Opening.html

Credit to Allen Wyatt

Hope that helps

"tmacctbay" wrote:

HI,

I wondered if you could make a different workbook the default so that
everytime you opened excel it was different than what it is now.

The squares are too small for what we do and we have to change it every
time...time consuming.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bejewell

I posted a question about this earlier today, not realizing that the "Blank
Workbook" was opening from a different template than the "book" template I
created. Is there any way I can change the Excel default template, so I can
still use the FileNewBlank Workbook feature?

wrote:

HI,

I wondered if you could make a different workbook the default so that
everytime you opened excel it was different than what it is now.

The squares are too small for what we do and we have to change it every
time...time consuming.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

The builtin Excel "blank workbook" cannot be changed.

Gord