tlf713

Default convert minutes into hours:minutes

I have 4 columns across the page that my staff needs to enter the number of
minutes they spend on a task. I then want to add the total number of minutes
and convert it to hours:minutes. What formula would I use to get the correct
formatting?

Example:

A1 = 25, B1 = 15, C1 = 45 Total minutes spent = 85 Desired Result is 1:25
(1 hour 25 minutes)
Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUM(A1:C1)/(24*60)
and format as time

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tlf713 wrote:
I have 4 columns across the page that my staff needs to enter the
number of minutes they spend on a task. I then want to add the total
number of minutes and convert it to hours:minutes. What formula
would I use to get the correct formatting?

Example:

A1 = 25, B1 = 15, C1 = 45 Total minutes spent = 85 Desired Result
is 1:25 (1 hour 25 minutes)

Harald Staff

There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours, so:
=(A1+B1+C1)/1440