kkrebs

Default How do I convert times from hours to minutes?

I am trying to do a spread sheet where I have a starting time of 10:00am and
an ending time of 11:30am and I want the sum to be total minutes not hours
and minutes. It comes out at 30:00 and I can't figure out how to have it add
in the other hour. Can any one help?

Thank you!

Kim
Nick Hodge

Kim

It is incrementing minutes greater than 60 to hours but not showing them. Go
to FormatCells...NumberCustom and enter [mm]:ss

the [ ] stop it incrementing. the same with hours to days [h] or [hh]

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"kkrebs" wrote in message
I am trying to do a spread sheet where I have a starting time of 10:00am
and
an ending time of 11:30am and I want the sum to be total minutes not hours
and minutes. It comes out at 30:00 and I can't figure out how to have it
add
in the other hour. Can any one help?

Thank you!

Kim

Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=A2-A1
if these are your times. For the final result use a custom format such as
[mm]:ss

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"kkrebs" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am trying to do a spread sheet where I have a starting time of 10:00am
and
an ending time of 11:30am and I want the sum to be total minutes not hours
and minutes. It comes out at 30:00 and I can't figure out how to have it
add
in the other hour. Can any one help?

Thank you!

Kim

Frank Kabel

Hi
so tell us please:
- what formula have you tried exactly
- what values are in the referenced cells
- what is your expected result

--
Regards
Frank Kabel