-   -   convert minutes into hours:minutes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7983-convert-minutes-into-hours-minutes.html)

tlf713

convert minutes into hours:minutes

I have 4 columns across the page that my staff needs to enter the number of
minutes they spend on a task. I then want to add the total number of minutes
and convert it to hours:minutes. What formula would I use to get the correct
formatting?

Example:

A1 = 25, B1 = 15, C1 = 45 Total minutes spent = 85 Desired Result is 1:25
(1 hour 25 minutes)

Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUM(A1:C1)/(24*60)
and format as time

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tlf713 wrote:
I have 4 columns across the page that my staff needs to enter the
number of minutes they spend on a task. I then want to add the total
number of minutes and convert it to hours:minutes. What formula
would I use to get the correct formatting?

Example:

A1 = 25, B1 = 15, C1 = 45 Total minutes spent = 85 Desired Result
is 1:25 (1 hour 25 minutes)

Harald Staff

There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours, so:
=(A1+B1+C1)/1440
format as time.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"tlf713" skrev i melding
I have 4 columns across the page that my staff needs to enter the number

of
minutes they spend on a task. I then want to add the total number of

minutes
and convert it to hours:minutes. What formula would I use to get the

correct
formatting?

Example:

A1 = 25, B1 = 15, C1 = 45 Total minutes spent = 85 Desired Result is

1:25
(1 hour 25 minutes)

Bob Phillips

=(A1+B1+C1)/1440

and make sure the target cell is formatted a time.

--

HTH

RP