Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OCONUS

Default Access add in functions to VBA

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

You are trying to use the Analysis ToolPak in VBA.

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ATP.htm

for complete instructions
--
Gary's Student

"OCONUS" wrote:

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OCONUS

Thanks for the link, but the site tells me I need to select atpvbaen.xls in
my available references in VBA. Unfortunately, thats not there to select.

"OCONUS" wrote:

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OCONUS

Figured out that I didn't have the Add-in for VBA. Sorry about that. But
now after I select atpvbaen.xls in the references is giving me an error
pop-up that says nothing but "400". Any suggestions?

"OCONUS" wrote:

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OCONUS

This is the code I'm trying to use:
Function ESD(payment_date, payment_type)
If payment_type = "ACH Deposit" Then
ESD = [atpvbaen.xls].WORKDAY(payment_date, 6)
Else
If payment_type = "Credit Card" Then
ESD = [atpvbaen.xls].WORKDAY(payment_date, 9)
Else
If payment_type = Application.Or("Check (Secured)", "Money
Order") Then
ESD = [atpvbaen.xls].WORKDAY(payment_date, 13)
Else
If payment_type = "Check (unsecured)" Then
ESD = [atpvbaen.xls].WORKDAY(payment_date, 20)
Else
End Function
The problem is when I select the aptvbaen.xls box and try to exit the
references screen, I'm getting and error message that says nothing but "400".

Thanks again for all your help

"OCONUS" wrote:

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OCONUS

Unfortunately, I've added the VBA Toolpak in the addins already. I'm trying
to select the atpvbaen.xls in the references now, but everytime I hit OK I'm
getting that 400 error. Could this be specific to some security settings
that my company has in place?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the bigmac sub you wrote.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

There are two things you need to do, not just one:

In addition to Tools Addins... and checking the Toolpak VBA

You must (in the VBA window) pull-down:
Tools References and check the atpvbaen.xls box as well.

Once both have been done, then:

Sub bigmac()
MsgBox (workday(12, 12))
End Sub

will work. No need to preface the WORKDAY() function with anything.

Any more problems == update the post. Otherwise, have a good day!!

--
Gary's Student

"OCONUS" wrote:

New to creating custom functions. I'm trying to add workday, which is an
add-in, to a function I'm creating but "Application.Workday(a,b)" isn't
working. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

I am sorry that I cannot replicate yuor error message.

The tiny macro will just demonstrate that the WORKDAY() function will work
directly in VBA (once you succeed in getting the ToolPak to work).

If you have the time to update the post once you find the solution, others
may benefit from it.

Good Luck
--
Gary''s Student