Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Erika

Default Function Help

I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

Example

Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

Erika,

Don't use sheets for the individual companies. Use one sheet, one database, and use autofilters to
show the information for the company of interest. Having the same information entered in multiple
places is a recipe for disaster - or, at least, occasional confusion.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Erika" wrote in message
I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

Example

Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Personally speaking, this sounds lika another one of those situations where I
would forget about the separate worksheets for each company and maintain all
my data in the master database. I can generate separate reports for each
company on demand with the AutoFilter, and if necessary, copy it to another
sheet to manipulate, and/or format for printing.......I would strongly
question what benefit having the separate sheets provide you and only proceed
in that direction if absolutely necessary.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Erika" wrote:

I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

Example

Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

Any ideas?

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM