-   -   Function Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77774-function-help.html)

Erika

Function Help

I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

Example

Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

Any ideas?

Bernie Deitrick

Function Help

Erika,

Don't use sheets for the individual companies. Use one sheet, one database, and use autofilters to
show the information for the company of interest. Having the same information entered in multiple
places is a recipe for disaster - or, at least, occasional confusion.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Erika" wrote in message
I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

Example

Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

Any ideas?

CLR

Function Help

Personally speaking, this sounds lika another one of those situations where I
would forget about the separate worksheets for each company and maintain all
my data in the master database. I can generate separate reports for each
company on demand with the AutoFilter, and if necessary, copy it to another
sheet to manipulate, and/or format for printing.......I would strongly
question what benefit having the separate sheets provide you and only proceed
in that direction if absolutely necessary.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3