#1   Report Post  
Old November 30th 04, 04:33 PM
Janice
 
Posts: n/a
Default Remove Hyperlink

Happy Holidays!

I am copying data from a webpage. Some of the cells are cmoing over as a
Hyperlink. Is there any way to strip the link and just leave the text that
is transferred from the webpage/
Thanks
Janice

  #2   Report Post  
Old November 30th 04, 04:36 PM
JE McGimpsey
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Take a look at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html


In article ,
Janice wrote:

Happy Holidays!

I am copying data from a webpage. Some of the cells are cmoing over as a
Hyperlink. Is there any way to strip the link and just leave the text that
is transferred from the webpage/
Thanks
Janice

  #3   Report Post  
Old November 30th 04, 04:59 PM
Janice
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the response!
I think this is 'backwards'of what I want. That data that I am copying is
in table form. Some of the 'cells' in the copy are hyperlinks. When I paste
it I want to disable the hyperlink.Thanks
Jan

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Take a look at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html


In article ,
Janice wrote:

Happy Holidays!

I am copying data from a webpage. Some of the cells are cmoing over as a
Hyperlink. Is there any way to strip the link and just leave the text that
is transferred from the webpage/
Thanks
Janice


  #4   Report Post  
Old November 30th 04, 05:32 PM
JE McGimpsey
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Did you try it either of the macros in item 4?

In article ,
Janice wrote:

I think this is 'backwards'of what I want. That data that I am copying is
in table form. Some of the 'cells' in the copy are hyperlinks. When I paste
it I want to disable the hyperlink.Thanks

  #5   Report Post  
Old December 1st 04, 02:03 PM
Janice
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That got it I had some little error I deleted and renetered and it is working
now
Thanks so much for your help!
Janice

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Did you try it either of the macros in item 4?

In article ,
Janice wrote:

I think this is 'backwards'of what I want. That data that I am copying is
in table form. Some of the 'cells' in the copy are hyperlinks. When I paste
it I want to disable the hyperlink.Thanks




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address Samad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 15 June 22nd 06 12:03 PM
Removing hyperlink Frank Marousek Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 January 12th 05 09:53 PM
How can I extract hyperlink value pat_rick Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 8th 05 01:17 AM
Remove link fr a column of entries Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 17th 04 08:07 PM
Remove link fr a column of entries Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 17th 04 06:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017