Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R.Hocking

Default Circular references

Hi all,

I've come up against a problem with referencing between two sheets in
one workbook. The situation is as follows:

On sheet1, I have a complete list of data. This is displayed in a
different visual format on Sheet2. I have it set up so far so that, for
example, if I enter / alter data in cell A1 on Sheet1, Sheet2
automatically enters / alters the data in a corresponding cell.
However, on some occasions, I may want to alter the data in Sheet2 and
have Sheet1 update the equivalent cell! This seems to cause problems!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a way round this?!

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

--
R.Hocking
R.Hocking's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Herbert Seidenberg

I assume the hard part is to find the precedent cell on sheet1
once you are on sheet2.
Select the cell on sheet2 that you want to change.
Click on Trace Precedents on the Formula Auditing toobar.
Double click on the black arrow that points to the sheet1 icon.
When the Go To window appears,
double click the shown location.