Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dcournoyer

Default Error when opening Excel workbook

When I open this workbook I get the following message and I am unable to
locate the cause any help would be greatly appreicated

Cannot find 'F:\users\mnajjar\misc\lbo.xlm! Auto_Open, which has been
assigned to run each time [Book1.xls]IS is opened.

I have looked at any links and deleted them.

Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If it's only that one workbook that does this, and you've killed all links,
then maybe you have a "Workbook_Open" macro in your "ThisWorkbook" module.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dcournoyer" wrote:

When I open this workbook I get the following message and I am unable to
locate the cause any help would be greatly appreicated

Cannot find 'F:\users\mnajjar\misc\lbo.xlm! Auto_Open, which has been
assigned to run each time [Book1.xls]IS is opened.

I have looked at any links and deleted them.

Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dcournoyer

Can you tell me where to find this

and yes it only happend to this workbook

"dcournoyer" wrote:

When I open this workbook I get the following message and I am unable to
locate the cause any help would be greatly appreicated

Cannot find 'F:\users\mnajjar\misc\lbo.xlm! Auto_Open, which has been
assigned to run each time [Book1.xls]IS is opened.

I have looked at any links and deleted them.

Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
hit ctrl-r (to view the project explorer--like windows explorer)

You'll see something like:
VBAProject (book1.xls)
Click on it to select it

Hit the asterisk (*) on the numeric keypad to expand all the levels.
You'll see the ThisWorkbook module.

===
But if this is happening with book1.xls and book1.xls isn't important to you--it
isn't a real workbook, you could just delete that file.

Back to excel.
with book1.xls open and the active workbook
file|properties|General tab
You'll see the location of the file.

If it's truncated, you could use this, too:
Put this formula in any cell:
=cell("filename",a1)

And note the location.

Close the file, open windows explorer, traverse to that folder and delete it.

--

Dave Peterson
Junior Member

I also get this exact same error when opening a workbook: Same drive, same user name "mnajjar" - everything. It happens on a file which contains information that was downloaded from the AT&T Business Direct website. I wonder if the previous user's file originated from the same place? Was s/he successful in eliminating the error message? I followed the directions above, but was not successful. I'm using Excel 2007, if that makes any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcournoyer View Post

Cannot find 'F:\users\mnajjar\misc\lbo.xlm! Auto_Open, which has been
assigned to run each time [Book1.xls]IS is opened.

Last edited by Zubie : January 20th 09 at 01:52 PM Reason: clarification of location of directions