Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default Error when opening Excel workbook

Open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
hit ctrl-r (to view the project explorer--like windows explorer)

You'll see something like:
VBAProject (book1.xls)
Click on it to select it

Hit the asterisk (*) on the numeric keypad to expand all the levels.
You'll see the ThisWorkbook module.

===
But if this is happening with book1.xls and book1.xls isn't important to you--it
isn't a real workbook, you could just delete that file.

Back to excel.
with book1.xls open and the active workbook
file|properties|General tab
You'll see the location of the file.

If it's truncated, you could use this, too:
Put this formula in any cell:
=cell("filename",a1)

And note the location.

Close the file, open windows explorer, traverse to that folder and delete it.

dcournoyer wrote:

Can you tell me where to find this

and yes it only happend to this workbook

"CLR" wrote:

If it's only that one workbook that does this, and you've killed all links,
then maybe you have a "Workbook_Open" macro in your "ThisWorkbook" module.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dcournoyer" wrote:

When I open this workbook I get the following message and I am unable to
locate the cause any help would be greatly appreicated

Cannot find 'F:\users\mnajjar\misc\lbo.xlm! Auto_Open, which has been
assigned to run each time [Book1.xls]IS is opened.

I have looked at any links and deleted them.

Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Deb

--