Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
allinsca

Default Macros???

Hi,

I have a worksheet with rows of information and varying coloumn headings. I
am trying to find a way to be able to grab information from a single row and
pull it onto a separate worksheet. (I want to be able to type in a
respective # on the separate worksheet and the corresponding info show up.)

I am not sure what this is called but I know it is common. Any help would
be fantastic!
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernie Deitrick

allinsca,

Take a look at the VLOOKUP function.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"allinsca" wrote in message

I have a worksheet with rows of information and varying coloumn headings. I
am trying to find a way to be able to grab information from a single row and
pull it onto a separate worksheet. (I want to be able to type in a
respective # on the separate worksheet and the corresponding info show up.)

I am not sure what this is called but I know it is common. Any help would
be fantastic!
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

What you are looking for is the VLOOKUP function. To accomplish what you
want would require a separate VLOOKUP formula in each cell where you wish
data to appear...........this is done all the time.........check the HELP on
VLOOKUP and if you still have problems, post back with specifics........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"allinsca" wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet with rows of information and varying coloumn headings. I
am trying to find a way to be able to grab information from a single row and
pull it onto a separate worksheet. (I want to be able to type in a
respective # on the separate worksheet and the corresponding info show up.)

I am not sure what this is called but I know it is common. Any help would
be fantastic!
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Not a macro, but some VLOOKUP formulas.

Assuming on sheet1 you have data in A1:F10 with number ID in column A

On sheet2 select B1:F1

In B1 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,sheet1!$A$1:$F$10,{2,3,4,5},FALSE)

Now hit CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to enter as an Array formula.

Type an ID number in A1 on sheet2 and B1:F1 will fill in.

You could amke a Data Validation dropdown in sheet2 A1 based on the list of ID
numbers in sheet1 A1:A10 so users could simply click on A1 and pick a number.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP