Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Macros???

Not a macro, but some VLOOKUP formulas.

Assuming on sheet1 you have data in A1:F10 with number ID in column A

On sheet2 select B1:F1

In B1 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,sheet1!$A$1:$F$10,{2,3,4,5},FALSE)

Now hit CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to enter as an Array formula.

Type an ID number in A1 on sheet2 and B1:F1 will fill in.

You could amke a Data Validation dropdown in sheet2 A1 based on the list of ID
numbers in sheet1 A1:A10 so users could simply click on A1 and pick a number.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:21:53 -0800, "allinsca"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet with rows of information and varying coloumn headings. I
am trying to find a way to be able to grab information from a single row and
pull it onto a separate worksheet. (I want to be able to type in a
respective # on the separate worksheet and the corresponding info show up.)

I am not sure what this is called but I know it is common. Any help would
be fantastic!