Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
shopaholic

Default count values in one column based on their realtionship with anoth.

I have 2 columns of data, one column contains a rating on the level of
importance, and the other a rating of the level of satisfaction.

I need a function that will allow me to count the number of occurences of a
record where the level of imporance is high and the level of satisfaction is
high, etc.

So, count only the instances of high satisfaction if the importance is also
listed as high in the column next to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="High")*(B1:B100="High"))

--
HTH,

RD