Scott

Default Column A = X, Column B =y count = count +1

I am trying to create a formula that will count the number of times two
conditions are met. In the fist column, zip codes, in the second column
rating( 1-5 ). I want to know the number of times zip code 99999 is rated 9.

Column A Column B
99999 9 <---like this.....count gets +1
88888 7 <---not this......count gets +0

--
Scott Miller
University of Washington
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

C1 = zip code
D1 = rating

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=C1),--(B1:B100=D1))

Biff