ShelbyMan

Default Formula to lookup Multiple Column Text and then Count Result

Hi,

I am trying to figure out this problem and I hope you can help me out.

I have 2 columns in Sheet1, column E is called "Colors" and column f is
called "Model"

I want the formula result to be in sheet 2, cell A1

For example, The formula will look for "Legend Lime" in the column e
*and* "GT" in column F and place the all the Legend Lime GT's in Sheet
2, Cell A1, as a number (quantity)

Then in Sheet 2, Cell A2, the Legend Lime V6's and so on
Example
COLUMN E (COLORS)[/b]
Z UNKNOWN
REDFIRE
LEGEND LIME
MINERAL GREY
SONIC BLUE
BLACK
BLACK
REDFIRE
LEGEND LIME
MINERAL GREY
BLACK

[b]COLUMN F (MODEL)
GT
GT
V6
GT
V6
GT
Roush
GT
GT

Thank You for any assistance that you can provide!

--
ShelbyMan
ShelbyMan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26492

Blue Hornet

This is what SUMPRODUCT is for.

On Sheet2, A1, the formula would be:
=SUMPRODUCT((( Sheet1!$E$1:$E$10) = "Legend Lime") * ((
Sheet1!$F$1:$F$10) = "GT"))

Of course, it's much more convenient for the "Legend Lime" and "GT" to
be cell references, so the formula can be copied down a number of rows,
etc. But I think you get the idea.

Chris

ShelbyMan

Thank You Chris!