Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leon

Default Date Last Modified Function

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a function in excel that can show the date
my .xls fle was last modified?

So i need it to only change when any cells are changed with in the
workbook but if the workbook is opened and just viewed at, the date
will not change.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You would need to build that yourself, with VBA

'This is workbook event code.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
With ThisWorkbook
.Names.Add Name:="___ChangeTime", RefersTo:=Now
.Names("___ChangeTime").Visible = False
End With
End Sub

You can access on a worksheet with this UDF

Function DateChanged()
Application.Volatile
DateChanged = Evaluate(Parent.Parent.Names("___ChangeTime").Refe rsTo)
End Function

--

HTH

RP

"Leon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a function in excel that can show the date
my .xls fle was last modified?

So i need it to only change when any cells are changed with in the
workbook but if the workbook is opened and just viewed at, the date
will not change.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leon