Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MIke

Default change values globally

I have a price book that i made in excel 97. I want to raise the values of
the cells by 10 % with out having to do each cell independently. I would like
to select all the cells that need to be change and do it globally. Can any
one help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Kuunders

Assuming the prices are in one column.
Insert a new column next to it.
enter for instance =C2*1.1 and extend down.
select the new prices range <edit< copy
select the top cell of the old prices range <edit<paste special<values
delete the temporary column.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"MIke" wrote in message
I have a price book that i made in excel 97. I want to raise the values of
the cells by 10 % with out having to do each cell independently. I would
like
to select all the cells that need to be change and do it globally. Can any
one help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Type 1.1 in an unused cell.
edit|copy that cell
select the range to adjust.
edit|paste special|check multiply
clean up that 1.1 cell.

=========
If you have to play what if games, you may want to approach it this way:

Put 1.1 in A1 (insert a new row if you need to)
put =$a$1 in B1.
select B1
edit|copy
select your range to adjust
edit|paste special|multiply

Now the constants in that range have been changed to formulas and formulas now
have *($a$1) appended to them.

You can just change the value in A1 to see how it affects your numbers.
(clear B1, we're done with it.)

MIke wrote:

I have a price book that i made in excel 97. I want to raise the values of
the cells by 10 % with out having to do each cell independently. I would like
to select all the cells that need to be change and do it globally. Can any
one help

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Mike

Enter 1.10 in a cell.

Copy that cell.

Select all other cells to be changed and Paste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Delete the cell with 1.10.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:22:55 -0800, "MIke"
wrote:

I have a price book that i made in excel 97. I want to raise the values of
the cells by 10 % with out having to do each cell independently. I would like
to select all the cells that need to be change and do it globally. Can any
one help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this: