Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default change values globally

Type 1.1 in an unused cell.
edit|copy that cell
select the range to adjust.
edit|paste special|check multiply
clean up that 1.1 cell.

=========
If you have to play what if games, you may want to approach it this way:

Put 1.1 in A1 (insert a new row if you need to)
put =$a$1 in B1.
select B1
edit|copy
select your range to adjust
edit|paste special|multiply

Now the constants in that range have been changed to formulas and formulas now
have *($a$1) appended to them.

You can just change the value in A1 to see how it affects your numbers.
(clear B1, we're done with it.)

MIke wrote:

I have a price book that i made in excel 97. I want to raise the values of
the cells by 10 % with out having to do each cell independently. I would like
to select all the cells that need to be change and do it globally. Can any
one help

--

Dave Peterson