Bleeding Maroon

Default Countif with more than one criteria

Hi. I need to countif with more than one criteria, how do I do that?
Speadsheet Example:

Column A Column B
Novi 13
Novi 13
North 13

In this example I want to count only when Column A = Novi. Maybe a
different formula is appropriate. Thanks
Bob Phillips

This looks like a standard COUNTIF to me

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Novi")

--

HTH

RP

"Bleeding Maroon" wrote in
message ...
Hi. I need to countif with more than one criteria, how do I do that?
Speadsheet Example:

Column A Column B
Novi 13
Novi 13
North 13

In this example I want to count only when Column A = Novi. Maybe a
different formula is appropriate. Thanks

Bleeding Maroon

My Example wasn't clear here's a better one

Column A Column B

Novi 13
Novi 13
North 13

I need a formula that counts only when Column B = 13 and Column A = Novi

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This looks like a standard COUNTIF to me

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Novi")

--

HTH

RP

"Bleeding Maroon" wrote in
message ...
Hi. I need to countif with more than one criteria, how do I do that?
Speadsheet Example:

Column A Column B
Novi 13
Novi 13
North 13

In this example I want to count only when Column A = Novi. Maybe a
different formula is appropriate. Thanks

Roger Govier

Hi

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100="novi"),--($B$1:$B$100=13))

This assumes that the 13 is a numeric value, not text.
If it is text, then wrap the 13 in double quotes "13".

Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This looks like a standard COUNTIF to me

=COUNTIF(A:A,"Novi")

--

HTH

RP

"Bleeding Maroon" wrote in
message ...

Hi. I need to countif with more than one criteria, how do I do that?
Speadsheet Example:

Column A Column B
Novi 13
Novi 13
North 13

In this example I want to count only when Column A = Novi. Maybe a
different formula is appropriate. Thanks

Mladen_Dj

Use DCUONT/DCOUNTA function. For example use this formula:

=DCOUNTA(Database,"Column A",D1:E2),

Where Database is range of your data and range D1:E2 contains counting
criteria with column headings. In your example it should be:

Column A Column B
Novi 13

"Bleeding Maroon" wrote in
message ...