neda5

Default countif variable criteria

I am using the countif formula and when I hard code the criteria it works but
when I link the criteria to a cell it doesn't. Bellow is an example of what
is happening. Can anyone help?
Thanks

work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=0.45")
doesn't work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=&Z6")

bj

try=sum(if(Q7:Q57=Z6,1,0)
entered as array control-shift-enter

unfortunately countif won't do what you want.

"neda5" wrote:

I am using the countif formula and when I hard code the criteria it works but
when I link the criteria to a cell it doesn't. Bellow is an example of what
is happening. Can anyone help?
Thanks

work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=0.45")
doesn't work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=&Z6")

Aladin Akyurek

neda5 wrote:
I am using the countif formula and when I hard code the criteria it works but
when I link the criteria to a cell it doesn't. Bellow is an example of what
is happening. Can anyone help?
Thanks

work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=0.45")
doesn't work: =COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"=&Z6")

=COUNTIF($Q$7:$Q$57,"="&Z6)

The relational operator that you invoke should be =, not = as you have it.