ATaylor

Default linking cells

The answer to this ? may be easy, but I'm having difficulties. I have 26
sheets in on wkbk. When I change one particular cell (a title w/ date) on
the 1st sheet I would like the same cell on the following 25 sheets change to
exactly what the cell on the 1st sheet was changed to. Anyone help me?
ATaylor

For some reason I was able to accomplish this for a cell below my freeze
line, but even after trying to unfreeze and take away the merged cell
function that title still will not reference back to the 1st page. The cell
may say =A!A1 or =Sheet1!A1, but there still are no words showing in those
cells.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

If your sheets are named Sheet1 through Sheet26 and Sheet1 is the source of
all updates, you would enter a formula on Sheet2 through Sheet26 that reads
=Sheet1!A1 (if A1 if the cell you're linking). You can do this easily by
selecting all but the first sheet (click on the tab for Sheet2, then
shift-click on the tab for Sheet26, then click in A1 and enter the formula).
--Bruce

"ATaylor" wrote:

The answer to this ? may be easy, but I'm having difficulties. I have 26
sheets in on wkbk. When I change one particular cell (a title w/ date) on
the 1st sheet I would like the same cell on the following 25 sheets change to
exactly what the cell on the 1st sheet was changed to. Anyone help me?

Gord Dibben

If all sheets are to refer to a particular cell on the first sheet(A) then
just group sheets B through Z by selecting tab B then hold SHIFT key and
select tab Z.

You do not need to type A, B, C, D etc if all sheets refer to just A.

Select a cell on active sheet(B) and type in =A!A1 or whatever particular cell
you wish.

This formula will be entered on B through Z and the contents will update
whenever the cell on A is altered.

If something else desired please post back.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"ATaylor" wrote:

The answer to this ? may be easy, but I'm having difficulties. I have 26
sheets in on wkbk. When I change one particular cell (a title w/ date) on
the 1st sheet I would like the same cell on the following 25 sheets change to
exactly what the cell on the 1st sheet was changed to. Anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NKirkland

I am working with a similar situation. I have a source document that gets
updated with information about gifts/donations made to the organization.
There is an independent worksheet document that I attach to the original
check for deposit that has only some of the information on the source
document. (i.e donor name/address, amount of donation, etc.) I would like to
have the worksheet automatically populated when I enter information in the
source document. Taking into consideration that each time I update the
source document the information is put on another row. How can I link these
documents to accomplish this.