Gord Dibben

Default linking cells

If all sheets are to refer to a particular cell on the first sheet(A) then
just group sheets B through Z by selecting tab B then hold SHIFT key and
select tab Z.

You do not need to type A, B, C, D etc if all sheets refer to just A.

Select a cell on active sheet(B) and type in =A!A1 or whatever particular cell
you wish.

This formula will be entered on B through Z and the contents will update
whenever the cell on A is altered.

If something else desired please post back.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:59:40 -0800, "ATaylor"
wrote:

My sheets are actually named A through Z, so I'm assuming I just type in A,
B, C, etc. instead of Sheet 1, 2.. ??

"bpeltzer" wrote:

If your sheets are named Sheet1 through Sheet26 and Sheet1 is the source of
all updates, you would enter a formula on Sheet2 through Sheet26 that reads
=Sheet1!A1 (if A1 if the cell you're linking). You can do this easily by
selecting all but the first sheet (click on the tab for Sheet2, then
shift-click on the tab for Sheet26, then click in A1 and enter the formula).
--Bruce

"ATaylor" wrote:

The answer to this ? may be easy, but I'm having difficulties. I have 26
sheets in on wkbk. When I change one particular cell (a title w/ date) on
the 1st sheet I would like the same cell on the following 25 sheets change to
exactly what the cell on the 1st sheet was changed to. Anyone help me?