Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NKirkland

Default linking cells

I am working with a similar situation. I have a source document that gets
updated with information about gifts/donations made to the organization.
There is an independent worksheet document that I attach to the original
check for deposit that has only some of the information on the source
document. (i.e donor name/address, amount of donation, etc.) I would like to
have the worksheet automatically populated when I enter information in the
source document. Taking into consideration that each time I update the
source document the information is put on another row. How can I link these
documents to accomplish this.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

If your sheets are named Sheet1 through Sheet26 and Sheet1 is the source of
all updates, you would enter a formula on Sheet2 through Sheet26 that reads
=Sheet1!A1 (if A1 if the cell you're linking). You can do this easily by
selecting all but the first sheet (click on the tab for Sheet2, then
shift-click on the tab for Sheet26, then click in A1 and enter the formula).
--Bruce

"ATaylor" wrote:

The answer to this ? may be easy, but I'm having difficulties. I have 26
sheets in on wkbk. When I change one particular cell (a title w/ date) on
the 1st sheet I would like the same cell on the following 25 sheets change to
exactly what the cell on the 1st sheet was changed to. Anyone help me?