jimmyJ

Default Nesting more than 7 variables in IF equations

Sorry if this is a repeat anywhere but I am stumped.
I am trying to create a simple IF Formula with 9 variables. My
objectives are to mark tests that require 9 codes per answer. They can
be inputed in any order. ( you can see why the IF function would be my
first choice.) I only require the outcome to be either , 1 or 0 as an
answer. Can anyone help me with a suitable solution. I am not even sure
which Function would best suit me at this point.

Thanks!

--
jimmyJ
jimmyJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28307

goober

Here is an addition to the If statement you might be able to use.

=IF(OR(B1=1,B2=2,B3=7,B4=12,C1=1,C2=2),1,IF(OR(B10 =1,B12=2,B13=7,B14=12,C11=1,C12=2),0,"No
Values Matched."))

This returns a 1 if any of the first conditions are met and a 0 if none
of the first and at least one of the second are met. If none are met it
returns "No Values Matched."

Hope it helps you.

Sorry if this is a repeat anywhere but I am stumped.
I am trying to create a simple IF Formula with 9 variables. My
objectives are to mark tests that require 9 codes per answer. They can
be inputed in any order. ( you can see why the IF function would be my
first choice.) I only require the outcome to be either , 1 or 0 as an
answer. Can anyone help me with a suitable solution. I am not even sure
which Function would best suit me at this point.

Thanks!

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478809

Zack Barresse

Hello Jimmy J,

If you start nesting more than, I'd say, 3 IF functions, it's probably time
to look elsewhere for another solution. The limit may be 7, but there are
other simpler ways to do this. You have not provided enough information for
a working solution. If you would like one, please post more information as
for your requirements and details.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

"jimmyJ" wrote in
message ...

Sorry if this is a repeat anywhere but I am stumped.
I am trying to create a simple IF Formula with 9 variables. My
objectives are to mark tests that require 9 codes per answer. They can
be inputed in any order. ( you can see why the IF function would be my
first choice.) I only require the outcome to be either , 1 or 0 as an
answer. Can anyone help me with a suitable solution. I am not even sure
which Function would best suit me at this point.

Thanks!

--
jimmyJ
jimmyJ's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478809

Harlan Grove

jimmyJ wrote...
Sorry if this is a repeat anywhere but I am stumped.
I am trying to create a simple IF Formula with 9 variables. My
objectives are to mark tests that require 9 codes per answer. They can
be inputed in any order. ( you can see why the IF function would be my
first choice.) I only require the outcome to be either , 1 or 0 as an
answer. Can anyone help me with a suitable solution. I am not even sure
which Function would best suit me at this point.

There's almost certainly a better way to do this than using IF calls,
but you haven't provided sufficient details to allow others to respond
in more than vague generalities.

What would your formula look like if you could use any number of nested
IF calls you wanted?