Junior Member

Default How do I use variables in Excel?

How Can I accomplish this, say this is field A1:

The %product% only costs %price%. Order today, we only have %qty% left!

--------------
Obvoiusly the words enclosed in % % are the variables that I want replaced.
Is there way that I can make fields B, C, and D equal the corresponding variables?

For example,

B1= Dog collar
C1= $9.99
D1= 20

So then A1 becomes:

The dog collar only costs $9.99. Order today, we only have 20 left!

I'm open to trying ANY method that can allow me to use variables in Excel.

Thanks.
Anne Troy

Okay.
="The "&b1&" only costs "&c1&". Order today, we only have "&d1&"!"

:)
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

--
XUT67

Dave R.

You can refer to A1, B1 etc. as Anne shows, but you could also use named
ranges. Insertnamedefine on a cell, you can call it something that makes
more sense like "price", "qty" etc. Then in your formula you just say:

="The "&product&" is not in stock, but we have "&qty&" on order."