obion

Default probably easy but....

I'm wanting to build an if then statement, and if the value returns true
then return one numeric value, and if it returns false it returns
another numeric value.

the details
what i'm needing is to compare 2 values one will be constant (8) the
other will be a variable. The variable will be divided by the
constant, and if it will divide I want to return the value of 24, but
if it won't I'll want to return the value of 18. Is this possible, and
if so how?

thanks in advance.

--
obion
obion's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27892

Biff

Hi!

The variable will be divided by the constant, and if it will divide

Every number will "divide", except zero.

Here's my best guess at what you want:

A1 = the constant
B1 = the variable

=IF(MOD(B1,A1),18,24)

Biff

"obion" wrote in
message ...

I'm wanting to build an if then statement, and if the value returns true
then return one numeric value, and if it returns false it returns
another numeric value.

the details
what i'm needing is to compare 2 values one will be constant (8) the
other will be a variable. The variable will be divided by the
constant, and if it will divide I want to return the value of 24, but
if it won't I'll want to return the value of 18. Is this possible, and
if so how?

thanks in advance.

--
obion
obion's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473921

obion

Hey Biff, thanks for your reply!! Worked like a charm.