TNMAN

Default Easy way to sum multiple worksheets

I have a workbook that contains 12 worksheets of identical data/format and a
13th worksheet I would like to provide totals of the 12 monthly worksheets.
Is there an easy way to write this sum formula without going to each
worksheet. I am using version 2003. Thanks in aadvance for you help.

Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUM('sheet1:sheet12'!A1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"TNMAN" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a workbook that contains 12 worksheets of identical

data/format and a
13th worksheet I would like to provide totals of the 12 monthly

worksheets.
Is there an easy way to write this sum formula without going to each
worksheet. I am using version 2003. Thanks in aadvance for you

help.

Peo Sjoblom

Select the cell where you want the formula, type =SUM(
click the first sheet tab, hold down shift and click the last sheet tab,
select the range and press enter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"TNMAN" wrote:

I have a workbook that contains 12 worksheets of identical data/format and a
13th worksheet I would like to provide totals of the 12 monthly worksheets.
Is there an easy way to write this sum formula without going to each
worksheet. I am using version 2003. Thanks in aadvance for you help.

Ken Wright

Copy one of your sheets 3 times and move two of them BEFORE your existing sheets
and one of them AFTER your existing sheets. Name the very first sheet Summary,
the second sheet START, and your very last sheet FINISH.

Now click on your Summary sheet and in A1 put =SUM(START:FINISH!A1) which will
pull in any data from A1 pulling from START
sheet to FINISH sheet and including any sheets in between. As long as any
sheets you add to the file are in between START and FINISH sheets, they will get
pulled into the total, no matter what you call them. Now hide your START and
FINISH sheets if you want or just leave them there.

Copy the cell A1 and then paste special as formulas into any cells that you need
to add up all the sheets on the Summary page.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"TNMAN" wrote in message
I have a workbook that contains 12 worksheets of identical data/format and a
13th worksheet I would like to provide totals of the 12 monthly worksheets.
Is there an easy way to write this sum formula without going to each
worksheet. I am using version 2003. Thanks in aadvance for you help.

---