NETTA

Default adding numbers with a label

I need to add the numbers with a label behind it. For instance in one row I
have 0.5S in Cell E9, 0.5S in Cell G9 and 0.5V in Cell J9 and 0.5V in Cell
L9. How do I get excel to know that Vacation time totals 1.0 and Sick time
total 1.0.

I can get this to calculate without the labels however, I need to differiate
sick from vacation time.

If this is not possible, do you have any other solution?

Richard Buttrey

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:19:03 -0700, "NETTA"
wrote:

I need to add the numbers with a label behind it. For instance in one row I
have 0.5S in Cell E9, 0.5S in Cell G9 and 0.5V in Cell J9 and 0.5V in Cell
L9. How do I get excel to know that Vacation time totals 1.0 and Sick time
total 1.0.

I can get this to calculate without the labels however, I need to differiate
sick from vacation time.

If this is not possible, do you have any other solution?

See my earlier reply to your same question in the:

"How do I add a cell with a label behind it."

thread.

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Duke Carey

This is an array formula that you need to commit with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=SUM(VALUE(IF(ISERROR(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E9:L9,"v"," "))),0,VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E9:L9,"v","")))))

Just substitute "s" for "v" to get sick time

"NETTA" wrote:

I need to add the numbers with a label behind it. For instance in one row I
have 0.5S in Cell E9, 0.5S in Cell G9 and 0.5V in Cell J9 and 0.5V in Cell
L9. How do I get excel to know that Vacation time totals 1.0 and Sick time
total 1.0.

I can get this to calculate without the labels however, I need to differiate
sick from vacation time.

If this is not possible, do you have any other solution?

Duke Carey

Actually, this one ignores any values BUT the ones that end in "v". Again,
use Ctrl-Shift-Enter

=SUM(IF(RIGHT(E9:L9,1)="v",VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E9:L9, "v","")),0))