Duke Carey

This is an array formula that you need to commit with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=SUM(VALUE(IF(ISERROR(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E9:L9,"v"," "))),0,VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E9:L9,"v","")))))

Just substitute "s" for "v" to get sick time

"NETTA" wrote:

I need to add the numbers with a label behind it. For instance in one row I
have 0.5S in Cell E9, 0.5S in Cell G9 and 0.5V in Cell J9 and 0.5V in Cell
L9. How do I get excel to know that Vacation time totals 1.0 and Sick time
total 1.0.

I can get this to calculate without the labels however, I need to differiate
sick from vacation time.

If this is not possible, do you have any other solution?