mk

Default Adding numbers to current numbers

I have a current set of thousands of numbers and I need to put 54- in front
of the existing numbers, is there an easy way I can do this instead of
manually going into the cells one by one?
Ken Wright

Need to clarify:-

Is this to be a calc, eg =54-20 or is this to be text, eg 54-2131-21-xyz

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"mk" wrote in message
I have a current set of thousands of numbers and I need to put 54- in

front
of the existing numbers, is there an easy way I can do this instead of
manually going into the cells one by one?

CLR

Assuming your numbers are in columnA, put this in B1 and copy down.........

="54-"&A1

This will result in a TEXT number..........like a part number or item
number, but not something you can do math with.
Then you can Copy PasteSpecial Values on column B and delete column A if
you wish.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3