Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I unhide a row when ENTER is pressed in a certain cell?

I want to hide all rows after the last row in a worksheet. When the user
finishes entering data in the last row and hits ENTER in the last cell
(column R) in the last row, I want the next row to "unhide" and the
cursor/selection placed on the first cell in this next row. How can I
accomplish this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Saucer Man submitted this idea :
I want to hide all rows after the last row in a worksheet. When the user
finishes entering data in the last row and hits ENTER in the last cell
(column R) in the last row, I want the next row to "unhide" and the
cursor/selection placed on the first cell in this next row. How can I
accomplish this?

Thanks!

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

You can do this via VBA. However, if you simply want to emulate a new
input row to 'appear' after entries in the last row are made, there are
ways to accomplish this using Conditional Formatting and sheet
protection to manage navigation.

--
Garry

Free usenet access at
http://www.eternal-september.org
ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, April 13, 2012 11:16:19 AM UTC-5, Saucer Man wrote:
I want to hide all rows after the last row in a worksheet. When the user
finishes entering data in the last row and hits ENTER in the last cell
(column R) in the last row, I want the next row to "unhide" and the
cursor/selection placed on the first cell in this next row. How can I
accomplish this?

Thanks!

On Friday, April 13, 2012 11:16:19 AM UTC-5, Saucer Man wrote:
I want to hide all rows after the last row in a worksheet. When the user
finishes entering data in the last row and hits ENTER in the last cell
(column R) in the last row, I want the next row to "unhide" and the
cursor/selection placed on the first cell in this next row. How can I
accomplish this?

Thanks!

--- Posted via
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to ---

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this
If Target.Count 1 Or Target.Column < 18 Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row + 1).Hidden = False
Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Garry,

"However, if you simply want to emulate a new
input row to 'appear' after entries in the last row are made, there are
ways to accomplish this using Conditional Formatting and sheet
protection to manage navigation."

OK, I give up - how do you do the above?
'---
Jim Cone

"GS"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim Cone wrote on 4/13/2012 :
OK, I give up - how do you do the above?

Jim,
If you have 'Professional Excel Development' by Bullen, Bovey, Green
there's an example in Chapter4 Worksheet Design. If you don't have the
book it will not be easy to explain how here unless I paste the entire
example into a post. (I don't think doing that would be appropriate<g)

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim Cone was thinking very hard :

wrote in message
Jim Cone wrote on 4/13/2012 :
OK, I give up - how do you do the above?

Jim,
If you have 'Professional Excel Development' by Bullen, Bovey, Green
there's an example in Chapter4 Worksheet Design. If you don't have the book
it will not be easy to explain how here unless I paste the entire example
into a post. (I don't think doing that would be appropriate<g)
-- Garry
ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Best wishes!
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance...