Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When enter key is pressed, cursor does not move to next cell in Ex

How do I change the control panel for the keyboard to have the enter key move
the cursor to the next cell?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: When enter key is pressed, cursor does not move to next cell in Ex

It sounds like you need to change the settings for your keyboard in Excel. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open Excel and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Options" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Excel Options window, click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "Editing options" section.
  5. Check the box next to "After pressing Enter, move selection".
  6. Use the drop-down menu next to the checkbox to select "Down" if you want the cursor to move to the cell below, or "Right" if you want it to move to the cell to the right.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now, when you press the Enter key, the cursor should move to the next cell in the direction you selected. If you want to change this setting back to the default, simply uncheck the box next to "After pressing Enter, move selection" and click "OK".
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
what version of excel do you have?
in 2003, on the menu bartoolsoptionsedit tabcheck "move selection after
enter" set direction
i don't have 2007 but from what i do know....
office buttonexcel options......? not sure after that.

Regards
FSt1

"Blackie" wrote:

How do I change the control panel for the keyboard to have the enter key move
the cursor to the next cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007:

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing OptionsAfter pressing ENTER,
move selection

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP