jlseagull

Default how do I move cursor without tab, enter or arrow in Excel

If I have set the data validation to a length of 1 character, or
conditionally formatted the cell to be a number of 9 or less, is there then a
way to make the cursor advance after typing the one character in the cell
WITHOUT having to Tab, Enter or hit one of the arrow keys?

Earl Kiosterud

JL,

In a word, no. Excel goes into Enter (or Edit) mode, and stays there until
one of those keys (or cell click in some situations) is used. Event macros
do not fire. You could put together your own UserForm (instead of typing
directly into the worksheet), and the text boxes could be made to behave as
you want. You'd probably need only one row in it, and it could populate the
sheet (presuming you're entering rows into a table). It requires creating a
UserForm and writing the code to handle the events and the data. Not a
one-evening project, I fear, if you haven't worked in that area.

It might be possible with OnKey methods, since you're to be entering only
one digit, 0-9, but probably not a good solution. I think unless this sheet
will get heavy use, justifying the time to develop this solution, the most
economical solution is probably to just go ahead and press Enter, or one if
its equivalents.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com