Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enter button jumps to next cell each time its pressed!!!!

It drives me mad, I want to be able to put in address, hence need to enter
few lines,
But each time I want to go down one line, I end up in next cell!!!!!
It must be something blindingly simple, but it prevents me from using Excell

Any help will be gratefully accepted

Eva
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use ALT+ENTER to enter a line break within the cell.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"evasmagacz" wrote in message
It drives me mad, I want to be able to put in address, hence need to enter
few lines,
But each time I want to go down one line, I end up in next cell!!!!!
It must be something blindingly simple, but it prevents me from using
Excell

Any help will be gratefully accepted

Eva

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Touch ALT-ENTER rather than ENTER

This will allow several lines within a single cell
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200730

"evasmagacz" wrote:

It drives me mad, I want to be able to put in address, hence need to enter
few lines,
But each time I want to go down one line, I end up in next cell!!!!!
It must be something blindingly simple, but it prevents me from using Excell

Any help will be gratefully accepted

Eva

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eva,

Consider carefully what you'll be doing with this data before you put name address city,
etc., all in one cell. If you'll want to sort the table by last name, zip code, etc., you
won't be able to do that. You won't be able to use filters to get just certain people, or
functions like SUMIF, COUNTIF, etc. to summarize the data. Similarly you'll be making
mailing labels (With Access or Word), you won't be able to get to the individual lines, such
as to sort by zip code.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...