bill gras

Default numbers contain hyphens to dates

-- I have copied and pasted a file from a website into Excel 2000,in column
"B"
there was a entry like this:-
11/14 which means 11th place from 14 positions. Excel shows this entry as
Nov-14 (a date). I have tried
every thing that I could find , but can not bring it back to 11/14 (which is
very important for my end result)
There are about 300 rows that I have to import every day.
Is there a worksheet function that you know of ?
Can you please help ?

hopeful Bill

bill gras
Scott buckwalter

Depends how you are importing the file.
If you are using copy/pasting (ctrl-c/ctrl-v) the data onto the worksheet
then before you paste, select column B and set the format to "text".
If you are importing the data: Then go through the wizard and specify that
column B is text.
Basically, set the format of the imported column B to "text" prior to
actually importing the data.

Scott