ian78

Default How do i remove the hyphens between numbers without having to edi

How do i remove the hyphens between numbers without having to edit without
having to use edit manually. I have a column of 3000 numbers similar to this

0-7643-2300-5, which neds to read 0764323005

Any ideas
Regards Ian
Duke Carey

First, format the whole range of entries as Text.
Second, highlight the cells and press Ctrl-H to bring up the Search &
Replace dialog box. Search for the hyphen and replace it with nothing.

"ian78" wrote:

How do i remove the hyphens between numbers without having to edit without
having to use edit manually. I have a column of 3000 numbers similar to this

0-7643-2300-5, which neds to read 0764323005

Any ideas
Regards Ian

ian78

"ian78" wrote:

How do i remove the hyphens between numbers without having to edit without
having to use edit manually. I have a column of 3000 numbers similar to this

0-7643-2300-5, which neds to read 0764323005

Any ideas
Regards Ian

Thanks Duke
Regards Ian