Junior Member

Default Pivot Table and Merged Cells Help

Hello,

I am trying to construct a pivot table that uses merged cells. I created a sample excel table that shows what I am trying to do, it's extremely simplified but shows all of the things that I am trying to do.

I have a list of projects that have start dates, project types, and which workers are assigned along with what role they are for the project. I want to use a pivot table so I can sort in different ways, such as: sorting by the workers and which projects are assigned to each, sorting by projects and viewing which project type(s) they are, etc.

The easiest way I figured I could satisfy these requirements was by the use of merged cells, like I've shown in the example file attached, but the pivot table doesn't seem to work in the way I'd like it to (for example, when I sort by jobs and try to view the workers, it will only show the first worker's name instead of all names on a job).

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pivot Table Merged Cell Example.zip (9.0 KB, 117 views)
Junior Member

If there isn't a way for this to be done through pivot tables, does anyone have any ideas on what the easiest way would be to go about this using excel? Thanks!