Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johan

Default Merged cells and Pivot table

I have the following tabel
A B C
Region Customer Product
1 ASIA Custo Apple

Since one customer can have more products and a region more customers I used
in the table mergd cells to keep the overview. However when I am using this
data in my pivot table only the first complete row is stated in the pivit
table. Any ideas how to solve this?

regards

Johan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Johan,

Select your table, unmerge all the cells, then use Edit Go To... Special Blanks.

Then press = and either the left arrow(if your merged cells were on the same row) or the up arrow
(if your merged cells were in the same column) and press Ctrl-Enter. Then copy the table and
pastespecial values, and you should be able to use the table as a source for pivot tables.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP