Greg Snidow

Default Date controlled function execution

Does anyone know of a way to make a cell function occur on a schedule. I
have a spreadsheet where the contents of a cell on one worksheet are
transferred to a cell on another worksheet once a week. If someone forgets
to manually do this it makes analysis rather troublesome. I would like this
to happen automatically on a schedule. Is this possible?

Bob Phillips

Okay, let's take you ability up a notch <g.

Something like this will form the basis of what you want. Just change to the
correct workbooks, sheets and ranges.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oWBThis As Workbook

If Date = DateSerial(2005, 7, 21) Then
Set oWBThis = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\MyTest\18.xls")
oWBThis.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:D4").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A22").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close